Jan 4, 2014

You and Your Old MPHS Classmate Dentist



Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and saying, “surely I can’t look that old?”


Well, I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for my first appointment with my new dentist. I noticed his name on his diploma. 

Suddenly I remember the tall handsome boy I had gone to high school with forty plus years ago. I wondered if he could be the same guy I had a secret crush on many years ago?


When I saw him he looked too old to be my former classmate but some people do not age well. So I asked anyway if he had attended Morgan Park High School?


“Yes, I did”, he said. “I was a Mustang.” He said, gleaming.


“When did you graduate?” I asked.


“In 1966” he replied. “Why do you ask?”


“You were in my class!” I exclaimed.


He looked at me closely and then that old, wrinkled, ugly man asked,


“What did you teach?”





Contributed by:

Bill Heffernan, Barb Schultz Reese Jan 66 and Larry Herman MPHS Jan 66


No comments:

Post a Comment