Jan 11, 2014

Willy's Wayside Wagon on 111th Street



Found this on another FB group

Every Chicago neighborhood had its local hot dog stand.  This photo is of 'Willy's Wayside Wagon.'  It was a fixture in the Mt. Greenwood neighborhood - on 111th & Drake - for many years.  I believe I took this photo sometime around 1977.  The stand later burned down, and was never rebuilt.





Every Chicago neighborhood had its local hot dog stand. This photo is of 'Willy's Wayside Wagon.' It was a fixture in the Mt. Greenwood neighborhood - on 111t...See More
Like ·  · Yesterday at 9:31am · 
  • 28 people like this.
  • Norman Rick Barry & Jim---I wonder why my Dad always called it "Keeshan's:? Or maybe that is what my little 8 year-old brain perceived that Dad was saying?? All I know is that he left that string of Christmas lights up all year long, and they just got rustier & nastier as the years went by. HAHAHAHA!! What was the name of that greenhouse/landscaper store on the corner?? Pretty sure it was not Saunoris??
  • Carolyn Rambert Kroll Barry O'Brien, Denny Keean, was the jockey !
  • Mark Bradarich wow, that's a blast from the past, who could have 

  • need to take the picture, loved the hot dogs. my kinda place, loved the hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment