Sep 20, 2013

Riding the Wave with Corky Siegel

Riding the Wave with Corky Siegel

Do you like classical music? Are you a fan of the blues? Get a taste of both at Siegel's concert at the Beverly Arts Center on Sept. 28
patch

Photo courtesy of Corky Siegel
Photo courtesy of Corky Siegel
Who is Corky Siegel?

“I’ve been trying to figure that out myself. It’s been a long path, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel,” Siegel said with a chuckle.

He is an award-winning and renowned harmonica player and composer. He is a member of the Siegel-Schwall band and the Chamber Blues group, which incorporates classical music and the blues in a unique way. He was invited to perform with John Lennon. He is a Rainbow Cone fan.
But that’s just the superficial aspect. 
“When I was a kid…I never looked at a piece of artwork. Instead, I went inside the piece of artwork and explored it,” Siegel said. “A point comes where you realize that there’s this process behind the artwork.”

The same is with music: “You go in the music—let it carry you away. Judging it becomes a flat experience…I decided to try to not judge things,” he said.

Click to read the story

Thanks to MPHS Alumni Nan Brennan for sharing this story.




No comments:

Post a Comment