Nov 15, 2013

Identity of The Mighty Mighty Mustang Revealed at Last




facebook
Toni Miller commented on a link you shared.
Toni wrote: "I believe that was the year Melanie Johnson and I pranced onto the field in the Mustang…btw, I was the "front end" of the horse. Lucky me :-)"


That is a one fine looking horse.
_______________

Noting the cheerleaders pictured on the post.... Karen Sperpulos Paytash was the prime owner of the Mascot. My parents reconstructed the Mustang give to Karen in 1962 by Melanie Haas. Karen rotated the positions under the "horse" with several friends. Upon Karen's graduation the "mustang" became my honor. I too shared the spotlight with several friends from my class...most notably remembered Chris Rossell Brobst. I graduated in 1967. 

Chances are the Mascot was passed on to Toni as we were high school friends and neighbors. I honestly forgot where the mare was passed on. Senior moment.

Linda Speropulos Punter '67

______________________

So the question is - Where is the Mustang now?  Is she still prancing about or is she retired?  Has she been renewed and reincarnated?  Informed minds want to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment