Aug 8, 2011

Naperville Get Together Report


Hey Julz,

Thanks for organizing our EMPEHI mini-reunion yesterday. It was a very nice day; a good turn-out and a whole lot of fun. And, that Malnati's pizza was pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised, as it was my first time and I liked it; though, I am still partial to Beggar's Pizza, but, it's good to experiment and try new things once in a while and broaden our horizons, so to speak. I was very impressed with Downtown Naperville, too. That was another first for me and it reminded me of Lake Geneva with all the shops and places of interest, and, that River Walk is great, too; not to mention that beach; that was very cool. Looks like Naperville is a place that I will revisit and spend a day or two. Hard to believe I've lived in this area all my life and never set foot in Napervile before......I gotta get out more often.
So, thanks again; you did a great job; much appreciated.

Dennis Carlson

Re: Naperville Get-Together

Posted by: "Joan Pettavino"



Well said, Dennis, and you will have to read my post under "bee well....pam" where I responded to Ron Robertson where he stated "it sounded like fun and would like to join us" type of comment.  It was my first time in Naperville, too, and I was indeed impressed.  I think I'll go there sometime with just the girls so we can drift in and out of all of those shops to see what's there.  Who knows, I could have found some neat little treasure that I just couldn't live without.  Yep, it's definitely a "girls" kind of town.  And then, of course, there's Coldstones.  Heavy sigh!  The frosting on the cake, shall we say!

Joan P. '66

We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives! Maya Angelou

Naperville Get-Together

Posted by: "Julie Marschand"



Dennis and Joanie,

So glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves! I agree that there are fun things to do in downtown Naperville I've lived here 23 years and I still haven't done all there is to do. It was wonderful to visit again with you and all other people who came! The weather was beautiful and, Dennis, I consider it a high compliment that you liked Lou's pizza, you being the Southwest Chicago area's conniseur on saaaasage pizza! Yeah, I think you should get out more too so just give me a jingle and Lyle and I will have a drink and some grunts with you when you are in the mood. Lyle enjoyed himself too. 

Joanie, I have a special favor to ask you. I've been getting requests for photos from the people who wanted to come but couldn't make it. I'm sorry that I forgot my camera but I was too focused on getting everyone's food correct. Could you possibly post the pictures on your Yahoo email (non-Empehi site) and I will forward them to Craig for Facebook members and I will send them also to others who don't do FB? I'd appreciate it Yoanie! We sure enjoyed yours and Dave's company and thanks to you and all the others who came all the way from Beverly, Crestwood and Homewood, Flossmor, Crown Point, Crete, Ingleside, Naperville and of course our guest of honor, Gaye Shulhoff Marcus, who came all the way from Pennsylvania!!!!

We sure loved having you as our guest of honor and enjoyed your company!!! We had 15 participants in this last mini-reunion so it made it fun or all of us! Geri, Tom Thomas, Tom and Karen Schildhouse, Pat and Bruce, Christine, Marlene, Dave, Linlou, Denny, Joanie, and my husband Lyle......we loved seeing you and hope that all of the alumni who couldn't make it to this one, as well as their spouses or dates will come to ones in the future. It is fun to get together and be with past friends and strengthen our old ties. Just give me a call and we'll do it again before the four letter word makes a visit! The holidays are really something here in town! They really know how to have fun here. May you all have a great week and a cooler rest of summer! 

Julie Marschand 

Re: Naperville Get-Together



It was great, we had a grand time.

Tom Schildhouse



No comments:

Post a Comment