Jun 19, 2014

Honoring Vietnam Vets at MPHS

I received an email from Kristine Lang who is heading up the MegaReunion scheduled for this fall.  empehireunion2014.com

She asked me for names of those who served in Vietnam.  I sent her what I had.

She would like to honor Vietnam Vets at MPHS. There are existing brass enclosedcases that honor WWII Vets at MPHS. Her thought is to try to find cases to match the existing ones for the Vietnam guys.

Her email and my response follows.  I provided her the info I have.  

A bit hard to envision the cases honoring the WWII guys at MPHS since I am in Florida and do not remember them.  If anyone local has the time or inclination please look into it and let us know.

______________________

Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Lang Kristine <kristine.lang@me.com> wrote:

Craig, 
as part of the fundraising effort, we 'hope to" purchase new brass enclosed cases to install at MPHS honoring the service of the alum who fought in Nam and other conflicts post WWII, which is the last one found outside the Principals office there.  Costs and money raised will be a factor

This upcoming reunion covers classes from 1954-1979 

So, we'll cap with Vietnam and let Desert Storm, Iraq, Afghanistan cover their own alum down the road

We're meeting Monday night at Fox's in Orland Park though you don't need to be there, would you be interested  in / willing to put the names together and get written quotes on replicating the cases?  Maybe there are companies out there that just DO IT for the vets, gratis.  I would bet there are. 

Let me know. 

Kris

_____________________



Kris;

I think we have most of the names of the guys who died in Vietnam, although there well may be people we don't know about: 



We have some names from Vietnam but I am sure we are missing many.



I am in Florida now - a little tough to see what the display cases look like now and how to match them.

I will check with some of our other folks on our blog and facebook page and Yahoo group to see if anyone local wants to look into the cases.


Craig Hullinger

_____________

Anyone want to take a look at the existing WWII cases at MPHS and make an effort to find matching cases / get installed prices?

Let me know if you do:

Craig Hullinger at
morganparkhigh@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment