Jun 25, 2014

Aaron Toppen


Aaron was my second cousin.  I really did not know him, but have learned so much about him over the last 2 weeks.
  
Phil and I returned from Chicago on Saturday after 10 days for family celebration of 70th anniversary of my parents. We flew out of Midway and God provided us with a gate that faced the National Guard hanger, which was where family and friends watched as the flag-draped coffin was removed.  We were able to see across the runways and watched the Fire Department provide a water tunnel to honor Aaron before the plane went into the hanger.  We have an amazing God that not only provided us to be at the airport during the time that the plane was to arrive, but out of all the gates we could have flown out of He provided Phil and I an opportunity to watch as Aaron remains were brought home.  I also wore my Aaron Toppen Memorial T-shirt, which on the back has FREEDOM ISN'T FREE.  It was very emotional for me, but God gave me that special time at the airport and I am very thankful.  I wish that I could be there for his funeral service tomorrow, but had several commitments this week.   

God is good!
Renee Toppen Vitello MPHS Jan 66 

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help...."
 PSALM 46:1 KJV
_________________________________________________


"Aaron Toppen was one of five soldiers killed on June 9th, in Afghanistan. I did not know him personally, but he was a friend of my niece. He lived in Mokena, which is the next town over from where you will be playing on June 13th, in Tinley Park. I do know that he would drive all over in his pick up truck with a big American flag blasting country music. He lost his father 4 months before he lost his own life. I thought it would be great if you could mention his name at your concert, as I am sure he will have many friends and family members present." -Kim Lonero Holubik


About 129,000 results (0.61 seconds) 

News for aaron toppen

  1. The Herald-News ‎- 1 day ago
    Funeral services for Pfc. Aaron Toppen began about 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Parkview Christian Church in Orland Park. Thousands have come ...
____

About 129,000 results (0.61 seconds) 

No comments:

Post a Comment