Jul 7, 2012

Livingston County War Museum - David Estes




From: David Estes <lcwarmuseum@yahoo.com>


After teaching in suburban St. Louis, I took early retirement to help my dad start the Livingston County War Museum in Pontiac IL. We have displays from WWI to the present and have hosted people from all the states and 55 foreign countries since our opening in 2004. My dad landed D-Day on Omaha Beach and took a Nazi flag from the first bunker taken. 50 years later to the day my dad and I  returned that flag to a small museum on Omaha Beach where his and his unit's story is told today. He is known as "Private Ryan's Sergeant" to the museum owners. I am a Vietnam combat veteran and now work at our museum as Education Director, bringing in field trips from all over the state to honor our military veterans, no matter where or when they served. 

Our website is: 


We are also on Facebook. Just search for "Livingston County War Museum".  Looking forward to the reunion!


Sincerely,

David Estes

Empehi class of June '65
The marvel is the passing moment.
Francois Mitterand




No comments:

Post a Comment