Feb 1, 2016

Quit Being So Snarkey!!! I apologize


OK, Craig, Quit Being So Snarky !!!!


It means short tempered or irritable.

"He was being very snarky with me. Yeah, snarky. Its a word, google it." - Dane Cook

I prefer the Denisovian spelling of the word - SNARKEY. 

 But I digress.
_________ 

The dialogue below comes from our MPHS 65-66-67 MPHS Forum, which is for potentially divisive discussion, often about politics. We are smart and passionate about our  topics. The Forum "exists for the discussion of political and social issues which might be regarded as divisive and therefore do not belong on the Empehi Reunion list."

You may join the Forum by sending a message to:

MPHSForum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

___________________________

My apology to the Forum.

20 pushups for me - real ones, not virtual reality.

I actually mean this. I was wrong and I admit it.

It is fine to be humorous about any issue. I love Will Hepburn's posts from political humorist Argus Hamilton. And that is the type of posts that I usually try to write.

But I became angry and snarkey over the top candidates from both parties. I don't think Hillary or Bernie or Trump or Cruze or Carson are the best people for the Presidency.

I apologize for being so snarkey about the candidates for President. Any one born in America (or Canada, Mexico, Kenya and/or Denisova for that matter) can run for and be elected to be our President and Commander in Chief, irregardless of qualifications or experience or ethics.

I have the right to be dissatisfied with the quality of the candidates (and your support for some of them.) But you have the right to like and or support them. And I should not have bad mouthed your support for them.

I shall return to my normal sunny disposition and give the candidates (and you) the benefit of the doubt.

Clinton and Bernie and Trump and Cruze are smart and accomplished people. The Republic will survive and likely thrive with the election of any of the four of them. Or someone else if they don't get the nomination.

And consider that it takes a fair amount of courage to run for office.  One half the country automatically dislikes you. And some nutcase may try to assassinate you.


I apologize. On to my pushups. Real ones, spread over some days (It is hell getting old and snarkey.)

Craig Hullinger MPHS Jan 66



No comments:

Post a Comment