Dec 13, 2015

Roy Coleman MPHS Teacher

Nan Brennan was kind enough to send me this article about Roy Coleman, who may have been the first totally geeky scientist I was ever aware of. He was apparently an excellent teacher. My own Physics class was taught by Mary Ann Johnson, also an interesting character, albeit in
different ways.


http://science.iit.edu/roy-coleman-life-hands-science-education

Hope everybody is having a lovely holiday season.

Taffy Cannon, June '66
Carlsbad, California -- where it's an altogether pleasant sixty degrees, though still too dry.
________________

Roy Coleman was an excellent teacher.  I was in his class in 1965.  He was very young and interesting and enthused about physics and science.  

A belated thanks, Mr. Coleman.

Craig Hullinger MPHS Jan 66

______________

Mr. Coleman's page:

http://mypages.iit.edu/~rcoleman/

______________

After our brief discussion I emailed Mr. Coleman and thanked him for teaching us so many years ago. Here is his reply.
_______________

Craig:

Thanks for the note. Sorry for the delay in responding, your message along with several others from MP went to my spam folder and I only clean that about once a month.

That is quite a bunch of photos that are posted.

I believe that the website URL 'morganpark.org' and/or 'morganparkhs.org' may be available as I gave them up a couple of years ago after receiving lots of flack from the administration for not posting things that they never told me about
.


No comments:

Post a Comment