Sep 16, 2014

Fisher's 110th Place East of Western


  • Christine Leo Thanks,Dale, you are awesome!
    17 hrs · Like · 1
  • John Wason Yes, thank you, Dale. And yes, I went to Clissold my freshman year. I vaguely remember Fisher's. I seem to recall buying pretzel sticks there for one cent each. 

    My friends and I, though, ate our lunches in a laundromat on 111th St. not far west of Red's, until we got kicked out. Later that year I recall sitting on the front steps of a church near Clissold, peacefully eating lunch, when a couple of cops pulled up to the curb, beckoned us over to the car, and proceeded to frisk us. I still have no idea what that was all about.
    17 hrs · Like · 2
  • Charles Robert Horne Ate there regularly as a freshman....first semester
  • Dale Kasman Kerbs I also had to go to Clissold for freshman year (64 - 65) and was so disappointed that I wasn't going to be at the main school! Seems to me there was a burger joint just north of the school on the east side of Western. Anyone remember the name of that?
  • James Dart Dale Kasman Kerbs ...It was originally Henry's but I think by '64-'65 it was something else...Maybe "Big B"....
    James Dart's photo.
    17 hrs · Like · 2
  • Christine Leo We mostly walked down to snackville junction .
    15 hrs · Like · 2
  • Dale Kasman Kerbs Thanks James Dart I used to eat the lunch my Mom packed for me and then buy french fries at that burger place. Ahh to be young and be able to eat anything and everthing!
    15 hrs · Like · 1
  • Richard Anderer As a Henry's regular....remember the 'angry' woman who was the manager?? (I think) Then again with long lines of punk freshmen raising hell, I can understand a little grouchiness.
    13 hrs · Edited · Like · 1
  • Craig Harlan Hullinger What was the address for this? I vaguel remember
  • Christine Leo Craig, Henry's was on the NE corner of 110th and Western; fishers was on 110thPl just east of Western.
    3 hrs · Like · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment