Sep 19, 2014

Chicago - A Film from the Chicago Board Of Education


This is a film I found at an estate sale on the south side of Chicago. It merely said "Chicago" and "Print 1" on the canister. I bought it because I was intrigued as to what might live inside.

Well, its hard to say exactly what this is. Its a film by the Chicago Board Of Education, produced sometime in the 1940s. I only know this because the narrator died in a horrible plane wreck around that time. Its hard to say the purpose of the film; it could be geared towards tourism or to entice companies to come to Chicago. This film could have just been used in the classroom. I'm not entirely sure.

The great thing about this film reel, is all the different views of the city they give. If you have any more info on this, I would love to know!

vimeo.com/88065833

No comments:

Post a Comment