Jan 15, 2013

Seafood Tragedy


In my warped view of the world of marketing, I noticed a disturbing trend while in Trader Joe's last week. We were looking for frozen fish and I noticed a large selection of battered cod. I had no idea that spousal abuse was such an issue amongst seafood denizens, nor was I aware of the blatant degree of exploitation at TJ's, selling these poor creatures for the profit they bring in. 

Of course, I am also the guy who buys dolphin-free tuna just because I don't want to pay extra for dolphin, so if it is free, as in no charge, so much the better.

Tom Schildhouse 66

____

Battered cod?? Ya know........My line was the fish business......... I worked for scale, they never harbored the thought of docking me because I was always lake on porpoise. It all started whale I was enrolled in my dolphin class, I was tuna my bass fiddle and my friend was stringing my carp, and he was hard of herring, because his spouse with the wave of her finger-snail, clammed off one of his ears.......it landed in Lake Erie; beach me how it happened, shore I didn't believe it......her lips always smelt of liquor, she was an ale-wife and did it for the halibut.........

Tom Thomas  MPHS 6?

____


Oh, you guys are hurting me...

Ron Veenstra 65
____

There is something fishy about this dialogue.

"Home, home in the Sea,
Where Fishes and Anchovies Play,
Where Seldom is Heard, a Discouraging Word,
Cause Fishes Can't talk anyway."


Excerpt of the song sung by Larry Habschmidt 66 and I in a   "talent ?" show at Mt Greenwood Grade School. We were dressed in puppet costumes with our head protruding from a curtain with small bodies and arms which moved by wires we controlled.

Craig Hullinger 66
_____


Reminds of a horse I once that loved to run in the rain. No matter what others may call her, she'll always be mudder to me. 

Tom Schildhouse    
_____

Jeeze.....no one mentioned Mr. H's aquarium duet......he sang 1st tuna.....I sang bass....... ... 

Ron Robertson
_____

As a singer Craig, I think you've haddock. Tom Schildhouse 
_____

Will Hepburn
_____

Now, if he could just stop singing so shark......... 

Ron Robertson
_____

Or, perhaps, sing an octopus lower..... ... 

Will Hepburn 
_____

Ron Robertson
_____

Judy, Are you sayin it is starting to stink a bit...

Ron Veenstra
____

Fin-ally!!! Tom Schildhouse 
____

Like house guests who stay over three days, our fish stories are starting to take on an undesirable odor.
_____

If you would like to join your former classmates in similar scintillating dialogue you can join us at:




No comments:

Post a Comment