Oct 19, 2012

John E. Pagel, 101st Airborne


My name is John E. Pagel 2nd, graduated January 1963 class. Graduated the 24th of January and entered the ARMY on the 29th. Took basic at Fort Knox KY, Advanced Infantry Training at Fort Jackson SC, and Jump School at Fort Benning GA.

Then assigned to 101st AIRBORNE Division at Fort Campbell KY. Was there from July 22nd 1963 till July of 1965 when I was deployed to Vietnam as a rifleman with the first boat load of 101st which landed there July 29th. 1965. Attaching a scan of my DD-214 and a photo of me taken in September of 1964 before my 14th parachute jump at Campbell. Funny was never on a plane until my first jump in Jump School, didn't land with a plane until after my 7th.

Best regards,

John Pagel 

____________________

We have been collecting Veterans stories and posting them on our blogs. If you would like to share your story email us the story and photo and we will publish.



Send your story to morganparkhigh@gmail.com and we will post the story to our blogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment