Oct 20, 2012

Bob Glines Jan 66



Bob Glines Jan 66

I went into the Navy in 1967 to Squadron VP-31 anti-submarine hunters. I was stationed in Moffet field Ca.for about 1-1/2 yrs training then deployed to the Philippines, (Subic Bay) from there I went to Vietnam and we flew missions all over taking pictures for the bombers... I was now in VP-46,and was a 3rd class aviation machinist mate who worked on the jet engines,and was aft observer in this 4 engine plane with no glide path at all..... It could fly on 1 engine if it was inboard.... other than that nothing out of the ordinary, fell off the roof during a mortar attack,landed on a guy with a 45 in his hand,he broke the fall nicely.but he almost shot me....I spent the end of my Navy air days in Guam,counting my days to discharge by learning how to ride a uni-cycle,that damn near killed me..... Not real exciting but I made it back to home....all 170 Pd' s of me.  

Thanks 

Bob Glines



No comments:

Post a Comment