Sep 19, 2020

Free Online Photos



Photo Taken With a Pixel 3 Sep 18, 2020 Lakewood Ranch, Florida

I just love that you can stick this little thing in your pocket and have it right there when a picture presents itself. Without flash cubes or rolls of film that have to be slid into little slots, or fancyass features where you are always adjusting everything, or packages that need to go to the drugstore or into the mail, in hopes of seeing what you shot in a week or two.

We are blessed by so much of our technology.


Taffy
____

The technology is great. And free, other than the cost of the phone. There are a variety of systems. The one I use is from Google. It is part of Gmail.

I think any phone can do this. You just have to have a gmail address and be logged into your phone.These links explains it well:
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-does-google-photos-work#:~:text=And%2C%20because%20it's%20a%20cloud,both%20Android%20and%20iOS%20devices.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-google-photos

I use Google Pixel phones. They have very nice cameras. I recently bought a new one, a Pixel4a, for $299. But my old Pixel 2 still works very well.

I walk my morning walk for exercise, wandering around taking shots if something looks interesting, most of them a waste of time. Most of them I just shoot as I walk. Sometimes I stop to take the photo. I very seldom edit photos - too lazy - almost all of the ones I post are straight from the camera. I am a quantity, no quality, kind of guy.

I keep the phone logged into gmail. It automatically uploads every photo to the cloud, for free. (Free if you accept a reduced size of the photo - the ones I share are this reduced size. If you need much larger size photos you have to pay for it. I never do. The only reason you would keep the very large photo is if you are going to print a very large print.You don't have to do anything beyond that.

If you wish, you can organize your photos in an album. I sometimes do that. You can share the albums. It takes a few seconds to create.




The link below has all the photos I took yesterday Sep 18, 2020. Not a special day.

photos.app.goo.gl/T3VVRQEpWCDa1cHR9

You can also post selected photos to blogs. I do a lot of that. There are many blogger platforms. I use the free one from Google.

Some examples:

sunsetssarasota.blogspot.com

perpignansarasota.blogspot.com

empehi.blogspot.com

You can post your own photos or photos from an online source or a friend or photos you took fifty years ago. You can also produce videos the same way, for free

videohullinger.blogspot.com

You can use your own videos or embed other videos in your blog.


SUCH A DEAL
________

Compare this to the old days. What a hassle. In Vietnam many of the troops bought expensive cameras. I was too cheap and lazy and used cheap little Instamatics. Many of my old Vietnam photos are from the cheap Instamatics.



CH-53 Helo on the top of Hill 327 where I was stationed for 8 months with MASS-3


Some of those old photos here:
https://goo.gl/photos/ovYDA4wZeQAeHc5EA

I eventually felt shamed into buying a more expensive camera. I bought a cheap 35 millimeter Ricoh. I extended my tour in Vietnam and received a free 30 day leave with a great airplane ticket. I ended up flying around the world. By now my 35 millimeter battery was dead. But I "knew how to work it without the battery". Most of my photos ended up being very overexposed.




Interesting shot. Not by intent. I was simply taking a shot of a Helo flying over an explosion. Can't remember if it was from an Instamatic.  Was not sure who the Marine was in the photo. At our fifty year reunion last year, we figured out who the ghost Marine is. His family was thrilled to get the photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment