May 13, 2018

​THE Tax Audit



The taxpeople suspected a fishing boat owner wasn't reporting the proper wages paid to his workers, so they sent an agent to investigate.


AUDITOR: "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them."

Boat Owner: "Well, there's Clarence, my deckhand, he's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $500 a week plus free room and board.

Then there's the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a dozen Rickards every Saturday  so he can cope with life. He also gets to sleep with my wife occasionally."

AUDITOR: "That's the guy I want to talk to  the mentally challenged one."

Boat Owner: "That would be me. What would you like to know?"


No comments:

Post a Comment