Mar 26, 2015

Google Phone Number - Ain't Technology Grand?

As you may know, you can get a free phone number from Google. It will ring to your phone first.  If you don't answer it will be transcribed and sent to your gmail account. Handy when you go over seas - you just forward your cell and home phone to the google number and you get your calls via email. You can choose if you need to call them back and you don't get awakened in the middle of the night.

Amazing all the nice useful software Google provides.  For free, which I like.

The Morgan Park High 65-66-67 group has such a telephone number - 312 857 6764. It rings first to my home phone (Craig Hullinger) - if I don't pick it up it forwards to morganparkhigh@gmail account.

I just wanted to show you the magnificent job that Google does transcribing a voice mail from me to the number. The voice recording is accurate, though. In fairness I was speaking quietly as we have people in the next room. It does better with my normal booming voice.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Google Voice <voice-noreply@google.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:56 AM
Subject: New voicemail from (309) 634-5557 at 9:54 AM
To: morganparkhigh@gmail.com
Voicemail:

Hey, How you doing buddy. I wonder how well the selson scraggly Judy, This is Chris calling or talking to myself on our 312 number and see what a great you have that. We Will doesn't instead leave a message. Will Hepburn in India, lamb and Martin and I'll probably send this message to you too, so you can see what grade chat happens when you call (312) 857-6764 free wanted the.


This was not what I said, but the voice mail was accurate.





No comments:

Post a Comment