Dec 10, 2011

Happy 64th Birthday

Will you still need me, will you still feed me, When I'm sixty-four? 


Many of us have either just had our 64th birthday or soon will reach that milestone. The lyrics to the famous Beatles song are listed below. Most of us could not imagine being that old when we first heard the song. The video and lyrics below;



When I get older losing my hair, 
Many years from now, 
Will you still be sending me a valentine 
Birthday greetings bottle of wine? 


 If I'd been out till quarter to three 
Would you lock the door, 
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, 
When I'm sixty-four? 


 oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oooo You'll be older too, 
(ah ah ah ah ah) 
And if you say the word, 
I could stay with you. 


I could be handy mending a fuse 
When your lights have gone. 
You can knit a sweater by the fireside 
Sunday mornings go for a ride. 


Doing the garden, digging the weeds, 
Who could ask for more? 
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, 
When I'm sixty-four? 


Every summer we can rent a cottage 
In the Isle of Wight, 
if it's not too dear 
We shall scrimp and save 
Grandchildren on your knee 


Vera, Chuck, and Dave 
Send me a postcard, 
drop me a line, 
Stating point of view. 
Indicate precisely what you mean to say 
Yours sincerely, Wasting Away. 


Give me your answer, fill in a form 
Mine for evermore 
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, 
When I'm sixty-four? 


We were still in high school when the Beatles came into their own. Now that we have or are soon to turn 64, I cannot get this tune or the lyrics out of my head.  And now since you have read this, neither can you.


Happy 64th







No comments:

Post a Comment