Feb 4, 2021

Ken Zalga, Rest in Peace

On Monday evening the world lost a beautiful soul, my Dad. A man who lived by his own rules and never apologized for it. He was a proud American who loved his county and his family even more. He always gave us his all. He was a talented artist, animal lover and music connoisseur. We will miss his words of wisdom and his feisty character. He was 1 of a kind and I was so proud to call him Dad. 

Semper Fi Marine, until we meet again.

See you on the flip side....

Services yesterday.


Kenneth P. Zalga, age 74, U.S. Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran. Beloved husband for 49 years to Carol, nee Hager. Loving father of Michelle Zalga and Kevin (Carrie) Zalga. Cherished grandfather of Anna, Hannah, Kole, Ruby and Ethan. Dear brother of Lillian Mallstrom, Diana Whelan and the late John Zalga. Fond uncle of many nieces and nephews. Visitation Saturday, February 6, 2021 at All Saints Lutheran Church, 13350 S. LaGrange Rd., Orland Park, IL 60462 from 1-4 p.m. with a Private Memorial Service to follow at 4:00 p.m. To uphold safety guidelines, all guests are asked to wear a mask and respect social distancing requirements. While this service is limited to Ken's immediate family, a live-stream will be available. Please visit Ken's Obituary on Colonial Chapel's web-site at colonialchapel.com to view the live-stream of the Funeral Service. The link will be posted shortly. Interment private. In lieu of flowers, memorials to All Saints Lutheran Church are appreciated. Express your thoughts and condolences at colonialchapel.com 708-532-5400


To plant trees in memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
Published by Chicago Tribune on Feb. 3, 2021.

__________________________

Ken was a long time participant in our old Yahoo Chat page. We will keep Ken and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

__________________________

Semper Fi, Marine

Craig Hullinger

_____________________

Please pass along my sincere condolences to Kenny's family and include this poem

Alan Schaefer
MPHS Jan '66

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.



No comments:

Post a Comment