Sep 29, 2012

Gator Jim


Jim Nesci MPHS Jan 66 and his Alligator. Jim is on the right, the gator is held by the happy young man. 
_____________________

I took my 5 year old grand niece Olivia to the Linger Lodge, an old Florida restaurant in Sarasota filled with stuffed animals including a large gator with a human foot protruding from his mouth. The restaurant is located on a small river and I told Olivia to be on the look out for gators. 

As we walked down to the river we spotted a 7 footer about 20 feet away, calmly watching us.

I asked Olivia if she wanted me to go into the water and bring him out so she could pet him. "NO!"  she said, shaking her head vigorously. I asked her is she wished to go into the water to play with him. "NO!" she said firmly.

I had previously shown her photos of Jim Nesci and his gators and told her if she wished we could have him bring his animals to her coming birthday.

"NO!!" she said, "Princess Tea Party."

I don't exactly know what happens at a Princess Tea Party, but I think the gator is probably more interesting. 

Thanks to Chris Leo for posting the photo on Facebook.

More about Jim and his critters at:

http://coldbloodedcreatures.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment