Feb 2, 2012

You and Your Old Dentist


Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and saying, “surely I can’t look that old?”

Well, I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for my first appointment with my new dentist. I noticed his name on his diploma. Suddenly I remember the tall handsome boy I had gone to high school with forty plus years ago. I wondered if he could be the same guy I had a secret crush on many years ago.

Upon seeing him I asked if he had attended Morgan Park High School?

“Yes, I did”, he said. “I was a Mustang.” He said, gleaming.

“When did you graduate?” I asked.

“In 1966” he replied. “Why do you ask?”

“You were in my class!” I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely, and then that old, wrinkled, ugly man asked, “What did you teach?”

Thanks to Barb Schultz Reese Jan 66 for submitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment